4.19.2007


I've been following various blogs for some time now. Blogs of people who I look up to, who inspire me. People who have found a way to live their dreams and creative pursuits full time. Artists who by writing about their daily struggles, challenges, joys and victories in "making it" have made me believe that I can do it too. That anyone can do it if it's what they really want and they've got a little talent, a dash of charisma and a pound of persistance. With that in hand, you too can quit your day job.

And that's where I found myself today.

Contemplating my day job and finding that I wasn't so bitter about needing it as I used to be. That I no longer felt the loss and pinning for my 40 hours a week.
The realization that my creativity is fueled full time no matter where or how I spend my day as long as I am listening. As long as I am awake and paying attention.
And the day job actually allows me to be paying attention.
Because with a day job I don't have to be paying attention to my pocketbook, grocery stash or medical bill. A day job allows me to really and truly do exactly what I want to do with my creative muse without having to put too much though into "Will. This. Sell."
It also gives me a forced time and space for daydreaming. Letting my mind wander into the rythym of the copy machine or the linnear chaos of filing. Following these little treks to develop brewing ideas and imagery.

Or maybe I just finally found the right job.
Within lunch distance of walking to the Market or home. With creative energy and good souls.
And big windows for gazing at Elliot Bay don't hurt either.

My current reading list:
http://rifferaff.typepad.com/
http://bohemiangirldesigns.blogspot.com/
http://inaluxe.blogspot.com/

No comments: