6.17.2008

Sheep Dreams in Progress


_DSC2343.jpg
Originally uploaded by carrie227

All hail the magical power of the interwebs! Seriously - between Google image search and Flickr, an artist no longer has to linger in the library.

Though I do still linger in the library, it is now for my own enjoyment rather than the hour-long cursing treasure hunt for source imagery that it once was.
Sweet sweet sigh...

This dreamy happy fluffy fella made for a great sketch model for my next painting. I think that posting a bit of the process for this one will be fun - to watch the progress of an oil painting on wood. Let's start with an idea of a sheep dreaming of a wren shall we? Next we'll find an appropriate model to sketch onto our sanded and primed wood surface, such as this fella pictured here. Onwards!

1 comment:

kecia said...

he's adorable! you should have asked me for an image, i had 2 sheep when i was growing up!
kecia