7.06.2008

Take a walk with me


Yesterday I went on a walkabout at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge.

The refuge is an area of salt and freshwater marshes that is home to a gazillion species of birds. Some of which I saw on the 5.5 mile loop trail:

I saw more than just ducks - such as herons and swallows - but it turns out that I am completely inept at using my camera and all the pictures I thought that I had shot of birds in flight somehow disappeared...
Regardless, it was a beautiful NW misty day. Don't you just love the quality of light out on yonder barns?

Many an Olympia area artist have painted those barns.
I just love the marshes themselves.


Lovely. Nothing like a nice long walk to feel recharged. The Nisqually refuge is one of my favorite places. Thanks for letting me share it with you.



1 comment:

Emma said...

Aw, this was one of the places left on our list of things to see before we moved that we didn't get a chance to see. But it's good to see your pictures at least!