1.08.2009

Turtle Tap


Turtle Tap
Originally uploaded by Rekoj Design

Last week I took my first trip to the Woodland Park Zoo. It was freezing cold and there was still some snow on the ground, but I had a pass that needed to be used before 2008 came to a close so off I went armed with my armwarmers, hat & camera.

My mission was to get some good source photos for paintings. I didn't quite end up with images of animals I expected due to the weather, but the ones I did capture came out darling. Even though not quite source material this one of my friend the turtle is definitely my favorite.

I enjoyed the Zoo way more than I expected. The exhibits were informative and designed really well with the types of habitat that allow for plenty of viewing with minimal imposition on the animals being viewed. I think I might need to go back =)

I've uploaded a few more favorites to my Flickr page if you want to check them out.

No comments: