6.25.2009

How Soon is Now?

Exactly one week from today will be the opening of my first Seattle Gallery Show.
Wow.

I have oscillated between feeling ready and confident to completely panicked. Lately I've just tried to take care of one loose end at a time all the while keeping the panic pot on a low simmer. Seems to be working alright.

Last night I varnished all the pieces that were ready for varnishing which was a fun experience. I had to leave a patchwork of panels all over my floor which made for some bedtime acrobatics. I nearly sprained a limb as I precariously perched and twisted to turn out the light which I had blocked off by a tightly packed sea of paintings. Was one of those moments that makes a girl think a separate studio would really be a grand idea. I was pretty darn amused. Waking up this morning to all my work laid out at my feet looking grand however was pretty magical.

This is it - this is really happening!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I AM SO PROUD AND EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!