11.20.2011

Woodgrain Possibilities

 I love this spot of wood-grain so much that I had to share with you. It is part of a 4ft square panel that I'm starting to work on. Oh the possibilities!
 I've been silent here as late and I'm trying to determine why. I think I've just been enjoying the quiet moments in between to myself. I think me and yours truly have had a lot of catching up to do. Which is okay.

 I've had a fair bit of traveling going on - last weekend it was to Wenatchee with my family for an early Thanksgiving celebration (before the snow made travel difficult for most).
 Every time I go there I wonder why I don't visit more often - those hills are so beautiful!
 Or maybe the long car ride just doesn't seem so bad when you can craft in the backseat?
 During those quiet moments in between I've been turning my entire house into my studio with work in various stages strewn everywhere. It is kind of nice actually!
This weekend I'm on a mini-residency to the Olympic Peninsula with a poet friend who is visiting from Boston. And luck of all luck? It is actually sunny here today! So off we go to explore the rain forest - perhaps without rain.

No comments: