8.03.2007


I returned from vacation and hit the ground running. Half the point of this post is to just get my head around all of things in the works and underway!
The day I returned from the coast I went to a planning meeting for I Heart Rummage and was graciously asked by the organizers, Cassandra Lanning and Anna Perrone, to join them as the third organizer. As I mentioned in a previous post, the IHR crew has already begun planning for I Heart Indie Holidays - a triple spot holiday slew of craft goodness! Three shows spanning three NW cities over three weekends.
November 24th at the Seattle Center Pavilion
December 2nd in Portland at the Wonder Ballroom
December 9th in Bellingham at the Majestic
Rekoj will be heading up the Portland market push. First things first - vendors needed! I'm pretty excited about these shows - not only will they provide tons of holiday sales and shopping opportunities, but it also is a chance to meet and work with some of the other strong NW indie craft organizations such as Crafty Wonderland, PDX Supercrafty, and Church of Craft to name a few!
On top of all that I've been getting super focused and busy preparing to sell at Bumbershoot. I need to have all of my merchandise ready to go by August 25th - ACK!!!! Not only does this require... well... MAKING STUFF - but it also provides a grand opportunity to stop slacking and get my website back up and running, finally get a studio message line and get a new set of business cards printed up. My oh my so much to think about.
And then there is Etsy - a newly formed Etsy street team has gathered and is rapidly building excited momentum - group called EtsyRain. I'm meeting up with some of them at a supply swap tomorrow afternoon which not only will help clear up my studio a bit but will be a fun way to network with fellow Etsy sellers.
After Bumbershoot I'll be using my brand new tripod to take tons of gorgeously clear photos of all the new work to upload to the shop - unless I completely sell out in which case ... well, give me another day or so...
And currently on the back burner is the new functional art co-op boutique ICONOGRAPHY, opening soon which is being headed up by another I Heart Rummage vendor Deviant Design.
Rekoj will be involved in that as well.
Rekoj is a nut that's what.

No comments: