12.21.2007

Ahem...The Universe Called


Amidst all the hustle bustle and wrapping paper flow that is these holiday days leading up to the 25th, I got a call from the Universe. A little shoulder tap. A shove. And now I want to push aside all gift making plans for my studio and just dive into a painting I MUST paint.


Last weekend while driving to Portland I was listening to a compilation CD that I hadn't listened to in years and on it was a song that struck a chord in me. One of the lyrics is "the horizon starts right here" and as soon as I heard that I got a flash. A new painting budding out. Oil on wood and a couple and a horizon and glowing color. There wasn't much I could do about it while driving so I took it and tucked it away and hoped I would be able to remember it to paint it later. I returned home from the show exhausted and then immediately jumped into the holiday hustle. And as you might have guessed, I forgot the painting.
Until now. I sleepily opened my email this morning and got my Illustration Friday topic for the week: Horizon.

No comments: