2.15.2008

Finally

Bout time! I've been pinning for my studio for what seems like forever. (Actually it's only been a week and half but still...) I have been so constantly busy this past week and combine that with being away the past two weekends? It's made me a bit twitchy I think. This long weekend will be a salve for my muse. 3 near-full days in which to play, paint, paint, play, sew, plan and paint! I feel like I could just burst with it all.
I'm going to start off tonight with a bit of cleansing and rest. Not only is the worktable covered, but the last 3 nights in a row I have gotten less than adequete sleep which has left me slightly zombified. I'll probably still end up doing something creative, but who knows if I'll want to show it to anyone...
Actually, the "near-full" bit of the weekend (instead of being completely full) is that (per usual) various alignments of friends, family and fun-nes are tickling and tempting me out of the studio. Two engagements for certain and a few others that I am trying oh so very hard to stand my ground. Sometimes I feel like I have to fight extremely hard just to actually let myself do what myself really wants to do. Not saying that all the other things are things that I wouldn't want to do - that is the problem! It is all wonderful! But I've already been on a string of 2 weeks of wonderful - the time is now to strike that balance back into place. Wish me luck...

No comments: