9.26.2008

Paint Streaked and Happy

This was the view at 7:30 AM from my roof, downtown Seattle as I was up taking high resolution photos of the painting I finally finished last night. And what a glorious morning it was! The perfect world welcoming for a piece still yet to be titled.

What a couple of weeks it has been with this painting pretty much consuming me and leaving me seen as paint streaked wherever I went. Here is a pic from towards the beginning of the piece with my happy late night studio and various states of dis-array lying about:
After many many late nights of coming home after work to wolf down food and then get back to the painting I'm done... and throughly thrilled with her and her crow companions. You might have guessed that the two pieces come together as a puzzle - that was Andy's geniusness as he was cutting my panels down for me. And the moment he suggested cutting the last panel this way instead of "boringly" in half I just knew - I knew what the painting would be.
Now onto the "work" of getting ready for a show - printing & hanging!
See you at Arts Walk I hope!
What: Pioneer Square First Thursday Arts Walk
When: Thursday, October 2nd
Where: 619 Western, 5th Floor


*** P.S. - and I totally forgot to update you --- I did indeed get into La Familia Gallery!!!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR FIRST THURSDAY SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse Noe Mendez said...

Hi, how are you? I am sending you this comment, because I am serching for blogger friends, and your site is interesting to me. I have an art blog here in San Diego, and I am curious if you would become my freind? Are you up to it?
I hope to see you soon on my art blog, and take care,
Sincerely,
Jesse