6.11.2010

Go RaW


Now, I don't normally post about food here on this blog. However, I am going to be pursuing a major project this weekend and felt it was relevant that I share what I'm up to now rather than chiming in sometime next week. For the next 5 days I will be eating Raw.

I've ramped up to it this past week by eating nearly 80% raw foods which has felt really good. The couple of times I caved I felt it pretty immediately. I haven't been the best to my body these last few weeks due to a rocky emotional state and since the constant eating out and drinking with friends hasn't really seemed to be helping, it therefore makes logical sense to go the other way right? Right.

So I stocked up with: 1 coconut, 1 cantaloupe, 8 avocados, 2 cucumbers, 16 bananas, 2 lbs apples, 4 lbs oranges, 4 peaches, 1 lb apricots, 4 nectarines, 2 lbs carrots, 2 lbs celery, 1 lb greens of spinach lettuce mache, baby onions, 1 ear of corn, 2 lbs blueberries, 1 lb boysenberries plus a teeny amount of fresh smoked salmon & some raw cheddar.

So much produce I couldn't even fathom fitting it in my kitchen. Since I share a kitchen with 6 folks my sewing desk has become my stockpile. I've yet to decide if I'm going to include the salmon & cheddar in the weekend but figured they were both technically raw if I start feeling crazy on all the fruit & veggies.

Looking at the spread it actually doesn't feel limiting - quite the opposite actually. Abundance! Doing this cleanse has allowed me to buy some treats I don't normally get such as an entire coconut. I think the last time I had one of those was for Christmas as a kid! Now I just got to figure out how to open it...

Breakfast today was my favorite staple from the last time I did this - a mega smoothie.
Even though it looks tasty and fruity it actually has a large abundance of greens in there - yum!

We'll see how this goes. Halfway through day 1 and I'm feeling nothing but energized and excited for all the bounty.

I'm just hoping I can keep the energy up so I can rock the two art biz tasks I have set myself for the weekend:
Update my Portfolio & Apply for an Artist Trust GAP Grant.

I'm going to need all the Superfoods I can get!

No comments: