11.03.2010

Where I've Gone, Oh the Places I've Seen


 

For the past five days, I've been here.

The Grand Canyon, Arizona can be summed up in ONE word - spectacular.
Or "Just a big ditch" as my neighbor on the plane expressed. Which is also true. 
Biggest damn ditch I've ever seen!

 I spent a lot of quality time in my favorite sun hat while there to shield my eyes so I could see all the big ditch had to offer. 

My guides were the lovely Katie: Best Friend and Plant Knowledgist Extraordinaire
and
her companion James: Geologist Knowledgist Extraordinaire

 Sunset in Sedona

 Kicking Back on Mesa Tops
 Learning History of the area at the Watchtower

 Avoiding Stepping on (or near) certain Creatures
 Steep Canyon Hikes

And I was constantly trying to capture the canyon light in watercolors much to my own frustration. The Canyon was just too spectacular to capture in paint with only a few short sittings. I promise to share my attempts here soon once I get them scanned. 

Nope, Thank YOU Grand Canyon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty! I haven't been since I was around 12...and no one in my family shared my desire to hike to the bottom! Clearly I need to make it back some day.

UmberDove said...

I have envy in the best sort of way.

Sara said...

I would have taken you both with me as artsy travel companions if I could!