5.18.2011

3 Days, 3 Shows, 300 Miles


With a full carload of paintings I traveled from Olympia to Seattle...
and then back again because the carload, even though full, wasn't quite complete *ahem*. Ya think you're totally organized and then... ah well =)

I delivered three large paintings for Confluence Gallery in the Methow Valley to a drop-off location in adorable downtown Bothell, then headed right on over to Ballard to meet up with some artist friends at the Conor Byrne. Our little group show between James Caudle, Jim Pirie and myself came out rather well I must say:






Saturday's art walk at Habitude was one of the more pleasurable show experiences I've had. The folks at Habitude truly know how to host a nice art walk! They were super attentive to all the details such as snacks, yummy chocolate, wine and teas AND the lovely massuese Larra (who I enjoyed meeting and talking with) was on hand to offer complimentary 5 minute chair massages at the start of the evening. My work fits perfectly and looks fantastic in the space. A couple of friends who I hadn't seen in ages came out for the event despite the rain and I had a wonderful time chatting with everyone.





Thanks Habitude!

After all that fun I unfortunately took a turn for the worse with a cough I'd been battling and spent the last couple days recuperating. Today found the cough settling down and I was feeling well enough to bask in the sunshine. Donned my face-mask and power sander to prep some new painting panels and already have a sketch developing. These doodling digits don't sit idle for long these days!



Or perhaps it had more to do with wanting to spend as much time as possible outside enjoying this oasis that is my new home.

If THIS was out your studio window... wouldn't you? How could you resist?
















Oh Blessed happy beautiful days!

No comments: