9.30.2011

The Tide of Change Hath Crested

"Wilderness"
Hello Dear Dears ~


This post is filled with words I've been trying to say for weeks now. Of a truth it has taken me a long time to come to for myself, and then another long while before I felt comfortable to share it here. But the change is upon me so I cannot hide it any longer.

In two days time, I will be moving back to Seattle.

Andy & I gave things a good go here in Olympia and I'm definitely glad we tried, but in the end we haven't been able to come to an agreement on our life paths. I could go on endlessly about it but that is basically what it comes down to. So we are parting ways out of love for each other. We are still super close but this path is what feels right to both of us. Tough thing.

However, as heartwrenching as it is, there is true anticipation and excitement too. I will finally be returning part-time to my old job downtown with the addition of some independent artist consulting work. (More on that soon - it's pretty exciting!) Also, I was lucky enough to find an amazing place right away. I will be moving to a daylight basement, mother-in-law apartment with a built in artist workspace on a quiet, garden-like street.

I am going to take this change and let it carry me into my work. I'm going to pour myself into painting. I'm going to pour myself into things I should have been doing all along like eating right, exercise and daily sketching. I'm going to decorate my new home with all aspects purely of my self and I will dance.

All my best,

Sara

1 comment:

Amelia said...

oh that sounds so beautiful. I wish you every luck and joy on your continued (own) journey :)

Amelia.x