12.22.2011

Signed, Sealed & Delivered

"Bo" - Mixed Media on Panel Pet Portrait
Finished! I can go public with this pet portrait now since it was gift that was given and joyfully opened yesterday. My favorite thing about the holidays is gift giving. I love figuring out just the right gift for a friend to light up their face. This particular portrait was a blast to do for that very reason since the recipient had mentioned wanting to commission me to paint Bo some time ago. Didn't hurt that the canine in question happens to be so wonderfully photogenic!

I had so much fun playing with bright colored highlights for Bo's under-painting. Who knew a fluffy white fella could sport such a rainbow? Purples, blues, reds and yellows - a full spectrum of awesome I must say.

Holiday warmth and cheer,
Sae

No comments: