10.15.2012

Art Walks and Celebrations

Joey Freer at Olympia Arts Walk
Drinking Horn!

Encaustic & Thread by Shelly Watson
October has proved to be more art-filled and busy than I could have imagined and I LOVE it.
Fall is my favorite time for creativity... and art walking apparently! I've been to four (4!!) in the past 10 days.
First stop, Olympia for the Fall Arts Walk which I enjoyed with friends to meet up for Joey Freer's show at the Fishtail. Top notch! I actually hadn't been to Oly Arts Walk in awhile but thoroughly enjoyed it.

The lovely model with the lovely painting.
This weekend brought with it some stellar shows opening for both West Seattle Arts Walk and Greenwood Phinney Arts. "Yours and Mine" opened at Twilight; a dual show by artists Kate Protage and Chris Sheridan. I've known them both for years now and love their work so this show was a lot of fun. I also feel fortunate that I was celebrating some work-life success and that budgets worked out for me to finally add to my meager art collection.

On this wall, a red dot happened...

 
Posing with artist Oleana Perry
"500 Calories" by Andrea Wicklund

 Here are some more favorites from the weekend:

"Growth" by Scott Travis
 
Jeanine Walker at the Greenwood Lit Crawl
 While enjoying a celebratory cocktail and a catching up with a good friend at Gainsbourg the artful evening was capped off by a surprise (at least we were surprised) poetry reading by writers participating in the Greenwood Lit Crawl. Really good stuff!
 
After all that would you believe that I'm working on my own pieces too?
A little "on the studio" table teaser!


No comments: