5.14.2010

Inspiration Story Time

The Spiritual Warrior
Oil and India Ink on Found Wood

Back in late February Meighan of My Love for you is a Stampede of Horses (an amazing art blog!) posted Inspiration and Process posts on artist Mike Maxwell. In that post he included a picture that he captioned "Pete Dog is my Spiritual Leader". At that same time I was working towards Petshop of course and I completely fell for that picture of Pete Dog so I emailed Mike asking if I could reference his image for a painting.

Lo and behold he said "sure!" and hence my painting of Spiritual Warrior was born. Much fun! I'm not sure at which point he turned from a Spiritual Leader to Warrior in my mind but I think it has something to do with the oozing shadow play I painted with the line work. This is honestly one of my favorite pieces from the show. Thanks Mike and Pete Dog!

No comments: