9.16.2010

Creativity Gives You


According to this quiz on Psychologies my creativity gives me insight. It's a curious thing in light of my post last week pondering what I felt was my "backwards" way of doing art.

I stumbled across the Creative Style Quiz from Artlovejoy. Check it out right here if you would like to quiz yourself on your creative style. Only a handful of questions so it's quick and it's geared towards any genre of creativity. I'm curious to know what it comes up with if you take it!

Here is my result:

Creativity gives you insight

You feel that creativity provides insight into your own being. In fact, it is like therapy for you, enabling you to get to know yourself better. You seem to be looking for a way into the mysteries of the subconscious. It’s not really self-expression you are seeking, but rather the tools of self-expression: discovering what your creation will reveal about yourself. Art helps you reflect on, analyse and expand your personality. You long to be creative, and it’s not just because you need to deal with your emotions. It’s the tension between contradictions, and the need to resolve doubt that drives you to be creative. Painting pictures, decorating rooms, arranging shells in the sand — these are all creative processes that allow your introspection to roam. You can trace your life through the different ways you have exercised your creativity. For you, art is there to make sense of life. You are more attracted to artistic activities that demand reflection, planning and solitude, and the personal discoveries you make often provide answers for others, too. •

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My result was "You communicate through creativity"

Wini said...

Hi Sara, thanks for the shout out! Thanks for sharing your results and its interesting how it fits in to your post from the previous week. I like the idea of using art as a means to reveal your inner world. I hope you will be able to unravel the meanings behind your personal symbols!
Wini xo