6.29.2011

Views from the Road, Part Three

"Roadside Impressions" by Mark Nilsion, Hood River, OR
Nevada Art Museum

To Live Forever at the Nevada Art Museum
2, 477 miles.

2 days in the Bay Area
5 days in Venice Beach
1 day soaking up Benton Hot Springs
3 Pleasantly Unexpected days in Reno
2 days in the rolling hills of Oregon
1 day in Hood River with family
Self Portrait, Nevada Art Museum

Val Halla in Reno, NV to the RESCUE!

Junkee in Reno, NV - could have spent hours in the costume section alone!


Pelton Park Cafe, Oregon

On Lake Simtustus, Oregon I lucked out with a waterfront campsite at Pelton Park. Sunset brought the buzzards in to roost - directly above my tent! All that night I dreamt of wings as the great birds shifted in the treetops above me.
The next morning I hiked up the canyon for a stretch to be greeted with this view.

Oregon surprised me. Through all the roads I traveled, it was highway 197 between Bend and the Gorge that kept taking my breath away. I was surprised because I had lived SO close to there for years, but had never been that particular way. 
I will return. Soon.

Sunbow on Sunday, right before journeying HOME.

1 comment:

Faith said...

You trip sounds amazing, my kind of road trip, and I love seeing your pictures, especially the self portrait...very cool.
Now I'm dreaming of driving through wide open western spaces!