4.22.2012

Art of a Different Color

Yesterday I completed a fun little side project I've been playing with for awhile. The layout of my studio dictated that the best place for my bedroom was the same as the entry, so I wanted to create a visual curtain to seperate the space a bit. Of course I couldn't do that the easy way...

Paint spattered canvas torn into strips with subtly stitched tatters.
It took a month but I love it so much more than anything I could have purchased. Gypsy caravan stitch magic to guard over dreaming.


3 comments:

Sara said...

Interesting to note that blog posts from my newfangled phone do NOT look as good as I originally thought they did. My oh my.

Lené Gary said...

What a great idea. Would love to see something like this in person--it's hard to imagine the texture and fluidity (but maybe that's just because I don't work with canvas).

Your chickadees made me smile.

Sara said...

Thanks! You just reminded me that I wanted to post some better images of this... will do soon!